Bolton Hill Company is a development entitlement specialist. Among other entitlement services we have provided, Bolton Hill has helped our clients obtain approvals for over 1,500 residential units. Based in Santa Cruz, Bolton Hill has extensive experience with projects in slow growth areas and where there is neighborhood and community opposition to new development.
Real estate development is a highly regulated enterprise. Cities and counties,
service and conservation districts, the state of California and even the federal government have all enacted regulations that control real estate development. Neither homes, parks or shopping centers can be built - nor can even minor land use changes occur - without the required governmental approvals, known as land use or development entitlements.
To help its clients succeed in this highly regulated environment, Bolton Hill:
- determines the feasibility of and best approach for obtaining government approvals
- manages governmental approval processes including the preparation and governmental review of client's development applications
- coordinates the work of client's forward planners, legal counsel and design and technical professionals
- acts as the "point person" for all agencies with jurisdiction over the development project
- advises clients on community outreach, contact with elected and appointed officials, identifying project supporters, and related actions that help decision makers see the benefits of project approval
- prepare and implement strategies for public hearings
- is principally responsible for obtaining entitlements for our client's development project